Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thankfulness

I'll be honest, I have no idea what to talk about today. So I am just going to try to be random.
Which usually doesn't really work out very well for me. I'm just not a very random person.
Well, I bet my husband would disagree, but that is just because he doesn't know what he is talking about.

Alright I just sat here for about 10 minutes trying to think of something to talk about.
Actually, that's a lie. I got on PicMonkey (pretty much one of my favorite sites) and put a beard on a picture of myself.
Since yesterday I said that is what my husband looks like...


I think I was wrong about that, by the way.
Also, this beard is made from a bunch of mustaches.... incase you wanted to make your own?

Well, since I can't think of anything random to write, I guess I will go with what I was originally thinking of writing about today.
Yes, I had a backup plan, it probably should have been my first plan. I was just going to see if I could write a really great post about nothing.
I didn't.

Moving on.

{Here is the serious side of today's post.}
I'm trying to focus on being thankful lately.
Because I find that being thankful really squashes the bitterness and resentment that I find myself carrying around from time to time.
I'll be the first to admit that I am a grudge holder.
When I feel like someone has wronged me I hold onto it for a long time, even after I have "forgiven" them.
This isn't something that I particularly like about myself, it's just a fact I have come to recognize, and hopefully something I can overcome.
Part of me overcoming it is to learn how to have a thankful heart.

When you sit down and quiet yourself to think about all the details of life, sometimes it can hit you in a flood of emotion. We have so much to be thankful for.
I have so much to be thankful for.
Every day I wake up beside an amazing man who loves and cherishes me, more than I have ever known.
I have at least a small portion of time to dedicate to myself nearly every day.
My life really isn't that hard.
Maybe I haven't had everything I've ever wanted handed to me, but I think that in itself is a blessing.
We pay all of our bills.
We have all of our needs and many of our wants met.
And I'm thankful that I have a place I can come to and make a fool of myself and still be accepted and appreciated. (ahem, I'm talking about this blog guys!)
What more could I really ask for?

I suppose there is a lot more that I would like from life than to just have my needs and wants met, but that is something I can plan towards.
That is what goals are for.
To be thankful for what you have now, but recognize that there is more to this journey than just being content.

I know that my life is going to keep growing and changing, but I'm learning to be thankful in every step of the journey.
I want to appreciate where I am now, instead of striving to be somewhere I am not yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by!