Friday, August 31, 2012

Birthdays and building projects

Hey everyone!
My bet is that you are all wondering what I am doing this weekend.
Am I right?
I couldn't possibly be the only one that sits around and wonders what my plans are.

{btw, writing a post with a cat on your lap is not the easiest thing in the world.}

Ok, since you are all dying to know, first and foremost I will be hanging out with some top notch people! My beautiful and amazing friend Sara and her husband Collin are coming down from Washington to celebrate their birthdays with us... and I guess their family and other friends as well.

Happy birthday to both of you! Alex and I are so blessed to have you in our lives! Collin- I'm sorry I didn't leave you an FB wall post on your actual birthday, I hope this makes up for it! Also, I told Alex to text you like 15 times, but I'm not sure if he ever did? Hopefully this makes up for that also.

We are also going to try to finish my new desk this weekend!
And for those of you that don't know (because I think I've gained like 100 followers since my last project) Alex and I like to build furniture in our free time.
Key words being free time which we don't always get a lot of.
For those of you that follow me on instagram (@tanyagrasley) you probably saw these pictures

This is what happens when you don't have a truck.
Lumber in the car.


This is going to be my new homework desk for the living room!
I'm so excited!
All last term I did my homework on the couch or the dinning room table, and it was not pleasant.
I have a personal office/ craft room upstairs but I don't like doing my homework up there, it gets lonely!
So a living room desk was the solution to all of my problems.

I'm super excited to decorate my little corner and make it an inspiring place for me to sit down every day and be productive.
I'm painting it Caramel Sugar by Valspar.
This little paint sample from their website isn't very accurate.
In real life it is more of a perfect mix of orange and pink.
I'm so excited to be adding this beautiful color to my living room.


Source

Here are some pictures I am drawing inspiration from.
The color is very similar to the orange on this first desk.

Source :: Designer Meredith Heron

Source :: Etsy shop owner at Poppyseed Living

Source

Source :: Home of Monika Hibbs at The Doctor's Closet
Source
I'm going to be installing some shelves above my desk to store a few necessities since my desk is on the incredibly smaller side (which is how I wanted it).

I can't wait to show you all some pictures of the finished product!
This may end up being the cutest spot in my whole house.
Hopefully that will make me want to sit at it for hours working on mind numbing homework.
And a great place to write my blog posts! Instead of sitting on the couch with a cat snuggled on my lap.

Have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by!