Thursday, July 5, 2012

A mishmash of my day

I hope everyone enjoyed their 4th of July celebrations!
We had a family BBQ, which was mostly in celebration of my Mom, since it was her birthday.
But she doesn't like that so we just pretend like we are there because of the 4th of July.
Happy Birthday Mom, I love you! 
Don't be mad that I have said happy b-day for the last 3 days in a row, it is only because I think you are so cool. [She may never read this, btw]

Anyways, the night before last Alex and I stayed up late making our beautiful
strawberry ice cream cake which I wrote about yesterday, where I have a link to the recipe!

To be honest, I personally, thought my cake looked far better than it tasted. The cake was a little too dense and the strawberries were very frozen.
But it was a nice attempt.

Cuddling and watching Friends while we wait for the cake to bake [pre ice cream of course]

Then I started my day out on the 4th with a great run, while alex slept in way too late.
This is actually an old picture, but I assure you, it looked exactly the same!


What a nice app! What it really should have said was "Is that seriously as fast as you can go?"

Got my run in, in record time... for me at least.

Then we headed over to my sisters house for some Sangria, food, and fireworks!




Bundled up with Alex watching the fire works. Very cold night! 
PS. my head is not on fire, it's the reflection of the flash in the break lights behind me.

 

And I'm so happy that it is almost Friday!
Especially since I go on vacation at the end of the week next week :)


What did you do for the fourth?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by!