Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Mini Vaca

Welp, I said I would be back on Monday to tell you guys about my little weekend vacation... but I wasn't.

My excuse? Sometime last week I became addicted to the Bachelor. I know, I'm a couple of months late to the party. But, it's all I heard about for a couple of weeks and decided I needed to find out for myself what the fuss was about. Therefore, my house is a complete disaster (still...), I haven't written a single post this week, and I just changed out of my sweats like 20 minutes ago because Alex has company over.

Good news though, I finished the season about an hour ago, so I can have a life again! As everyone knows already, it was a dramatic story. All I'm going to say on the issue is that it really does seem like Ben and Courtney are a good match for each other. I think it was obvious that they could both be themselves with each other, and they could be a little nerdy (which I am clearly a fan of).

Alright... Back to real life.

Our mini vacation was great! We left Thursday night for Bend/ Sunriver, which is east of us. It's a beautiful town that we are considering a move to, but we'll see what happens.

The weekend was full of intense (and a little bitter, on my part) games of Settlers of Catan, a trip to the High Desert Museum, checking out the local college campus, eating great food, and staying up late to star gaze in the hot tub.



Of course, no trip is complete without Bret trying to be a stow away.



The animals at the High Desert museum were fun!












Above are our friends, Michelle and Allen.
And then of course my hottie husband below!


Sunday was his birthday! Happy Birthday baby! I love you so much and had a wonderful weekend with you! I can't believe how much our lives have changed in the last year and I am SO excited to start the next chapter in our lives! You mean everything to me!

Since his birthday was the day we were heading home I wanted to do something fun, just the two of us. So we went on a gorgeous drive from Bend to Portland.
It was so pretty! We drove right past Mount Hood, and through some awesome desert land. Of course since we were driving the whole time I didn't get a lot of pictures, but just know, it was the best view of Oregon I have ever seen.


When we got to Portland we stopped by Ikea, {of course :)}
and I surprised Alex by buying him a new guitar!

{Imagine awesome picture that I forgot to take of Alex's surprised face and beautiful guitar here}

All in all it was a great weekend.
And, I saw some signs that spring may be on its way!


Ok guys, that's all I've got for now. 
Enjoy the rest of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by!