Thursday, December 20, 2012

An anniversary of sorts



Four years ago we had a crazy snow and ice storm here.

I spent the day with my biggest crush and his friends who were hosting an all day Star Wars marathon... (yep, nerds.)

A few movies in I ended up on a walk, holding hands and covered in icicles, with someone who made me laugh more than anyone I had ever met. That was the first day I started dating the last boyfriend I would ever have.

I can't believe how quickly time passes. How every day I longed to be in that man's arms. Then suddenly one day I was, and have spent nearly everyday in them since.

He drives me crazy all the time, but I love him. I love that he challenges me, and that he doesn't just do everything I want him to do. I love that he pushes me to be more productive, to have stronger character, to not be afraid of everything in this scary world. I love that he holds me and makes me feel safe, maybe for the first time in my life. He reminds me that we can't live our lives in fear.

I feel lucky just to know this man.

Thanks for being so incredibly awesome, Huz. And for carrying my hair ties around in your pocket just incase I need one. Every day with you is a blessing. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by!