Monday, December 31, 2012

2013 | Just Live



Living. It has sort of been an overarching motto in my life. Not just because of the obvious reason, that I am a living, breathing human being. I've always known that my life was made for more than just existing. For coasting through the day to day life without a purpose. I think everyone has a purpose, whether we accept and accomplish it or not, we have a meaning. We are here for more than just taking up oxygen. Just the fact that you were born has caused a whole chain of other events. Some people might not exist if it weren't for you. Everyone's life would be different if it weren't for you. For me. For us.

I have a tattoo on my back that says ζήοτε, meaning you shall live, or more accurately it means you must live in Greek. (Since I don't personally know greek I did have it translated by two different people who have studied Greek for years. I could also have the exact letters wrong above, that is just what it looks like in my mirror.)

The point is that I have been focusing my whole life on learning what it means to live and I think I'm finally starting to figure it out, at least as best as any twenty-something girl can.

So with that, I am leaving 2012 behind. Probably one of the best years in my life, in so many ways. I started this year a bit broken and confused. I started it mourning the loss of friendships. Drenched in insecurity. I was still unsure of where life was going to take me. But I did start it with hope. I knew things could change, and sure enough they did.

My "New Year's resolution", if you'd like to call it that, is just to further learn to Live Healthy. Which doesn't mean to go on a diet and loose a bunch of weight. To me it means to be conscience of what I put in my body, to be active, and to be at peace with who I am and the friends and family I am surrounded by. To accept and love myself where I am at, and to continually work towards positive change. To not fear the things which I have no control over.

If 2012 was a year of change, then 2013 will be a year of acceptance, love, peace, friendships, family, and accomplishment.

This new year doesn't have to mean "clean slate" "start new" "start fresh" it can mean building upon what has already been accomplished. It can mean another year to accomplish our goals and live our lives to the fullest.

Happy new year everyone!
Be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by!