Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A whole month off



There are my crazy eyes in all of their glory. You missed this face didn't you?
Hmm, sometimes I come off very full of myself, don't I? If you ever think that, I promise you it is my sarcasm.

I just wanted to give you guys a little update about my life, because it looks a bit different right now.

First of all, I quit my job last month! I had originally quit a few months ago, but then they offered me less hours to work around my school schedule, so I stayed. And every day I had to go into work I regretted that decision. I only worked 10 hours a week and they really wanted me to care a great deal about my job. I don't blame them, that is their priority. But it wasn't mine. My priority was doing great in school so I could get a good job working with things that I care about. (By the way, I worked at a bank, so to say I didn't care would be an understatement). That just isn't where I wanted to be, not in any way.

I've always been the person that says, "If you don't like your job then find a new one, or quit. Don't waste your time and energy complaining about it and bringing everyone else down." Honestly, I've never really followed that rule of mine. I've worked in jobs that I hated for months and years because I always felt too bad to walk away. Plus, my dad always taught me to have another job lined up before you quit a job. (Which is seriously some of the best advice I've ever gotten, I've seen what happens when you don't do that, and it's not pretty). I'd like to say that I was loyal and I didn't waste my time complaining, but boy, would that be a lie. I wish I could be that positive person that always sees the best in every situation, but I'm not.

All that to say, for once in my life I actually followed my own rule, and quit. It wasn't that it was the worst job in the world. I know many people enjoy it. But to me, it felt so meaningless. I know that I got the opportunity to make a lot of people laugh or try to brighten there day. I loved it when people would leave saying, "You guys just made my day!" Yep, that happened! But I'd like to make a bigger difference in this big broken world than just putting a smile on someone's face for a few short minutes. Isn't that what we all want? Maybe not, but that is what I want. I want to do something that I am passionate about, something that I won't be incredibly cynical about. That I won't role my eyes at every time I am talked to about how to get some random set of numbers higher. Something that isn't about making money for a company that has more money than anyone could ever dream of having.

I want to be successful in school. I probably could have been and worked at the same time, but I didn't like that the very small amount of time that I was working was already draining me. So I decided to be a little selfish for once, and do what was best for me.

Now, since I will be done with finals tomorrow night, I will have a whole month off! From everything. No school. No work. Just me, doing whatever the heck I want to do. Yeah, I'm pretty excited!

I'll let you know how the month goes.



PS. My facebook page has officially been converted. Here is the new page!  If you already follow me on FB, be sure to follow my new page, as the old one will be deleted within the next 2 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by!