Saturday, January 21, 2012

Goals for 2012

I wanted to write this post awhile ago... Like closer to New Years. Oh well, better late than never. I just wanted to share some of my goals for 2012. It is probably best that I waited awhile to share because I have been changing and tweaking my goals a little here and there since I have been thinking about it more and more. This is more a list of values that I want to focus on for my whole life, not just 2012.

Well here they are:

1. Focus on me.  By this I mean getting back to basics, doing the things I love, leaving behind the things I don't, and doing what I want and not letting other peoples' judgments affect and change my decisions.

2. Take care of my body. Be more aware of what I am putting on my body, in my body, and how I'm using my body. I want to do what is best for my body to keep it healthy and strong. How I use it and what I put in and on it are so important to keeping it as healthy as it can be.

3. Spend more time with my husband. We already spend a lot of time together, but I want quality time! Like eating dinner at the table talking instead of sitting in front of the TV. Or paying attention to him instead of reading facebook or *ahem* reading blogs. He really is the most important person in my life, and he deserves all the attention I have to give.

4. Run. Vague? Well... not really. I love to run. Alex and I ran a 5k last summer it was really awesome (highly recommend signing up for one if you are lacking motivation). The real goal is to run some more races. To keep my self realistic I am going to say that my goal is to run a 10k by the end of summer (since this winter has really destroyed my running routine). My unrealistic goal is to run a half marathon, which has actually been my goal for this coming summer for awhile now.

5. Blog more. Until sometime last month I was kind of a crappy blogger. I pretty much posted like once or twice a month, sometimes even once every 2-4 months. I read somewhere that you should try to post every day. Not just to get a blog following but because it actually makes you a better writer since you are practicing every day. So... Here we go, I'm gonna try to do one every day, or at least almost everyday. That is a pretty hefty goal with my track record, can anyone help me out with this? Tips, encouragement, words of wisdom. I'm open to any and all suggestions. Also along with writing more blogs I want to do more link parties and have picked a few that I am going to try to link up to every week.

6. Learn more about photography. Or just take some decent pictures. I've been using my iPhone lately instead of my camera, because it is just always there. I don't mind using it, I actually think it would be fun to get some accessories for it. (My husband got me some new lenses for my iPhone for Christmas). Really, I'm working on it. My biggest problem is lighting because I usually take pictures at night due to working hours. That will be changing soon though, so I will lose that excuse.

7. Do all my homework... ON TIME. I mentioned a couple of posts ago that I am back in school. This is so important to me this time around. I really want to do good, stay motivated, and enjoy what I'm learning.

8. Delete Facebook. This is my last goal. It really ties in with all of my other goals because do you know what I am often caught doing (by my husband, of course) when I should be or want to be doing any of the above things? Reading Facebook. Horrible, I know. I just get so sucked into finding out what people are doing where they are going what they are wearing. UGH. It is bad, and I have really thought hard about deleting it for awhile now. It wasn't until I read a post someone wrote about it that I really felt convicted and decided enough is enough, I just need to bite the bullet and do it... soon. I did delete the app off my phone and this has helped tremendously already. My husband is even noticing a difference. I've kept it mostly just to keep people updated on my blog updates, but I just started a page just dedicated to my blog so people can still follow and I can delete my personal page. If you would like to read the post that really helped me solidify my decision, this is Mary in Marriedland. I just found this blog and I really love the way she writes from the heart. Check out her blog, it is pretty inspiring.


There you have it. My goals. I tried to keep it realistic, but I also need a challenge. This year really feels like it is going to be different than most. I feel change coming, and I'm ready and excited for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by!