Friday, April 20, 2012

I am a runner

Picture from when we ran our 5k last summer! Alex really needed a hair cut!

I just got home from a run, and of course I feel amazing! Seriously, for anyone who has not gotten into running, there is no feeling comparable to the way you feel after a great run. It was a long winter off, but I'm back up on my "horse" and feeling great. No wonder I've been so depressed! I feel like I could take on the world right now!

Ok... I'll calm down. {Something I say to my husband when I get too hyper. Trust me, it happens!}

I was so scared that after five months off {at least from consistant running} that it would take me awhile to jump back in, but after today I know that I truly am a runner. It was probably one of the easiest runs I have ever done. I felt great the entire time. I'm not back up to my 4-5 milers yet, but I know I'll be back there before too long.

Back in my 2012 goals post I mentioned how I want to run a 10k or even a half marathon this summer, and after today I know that those goals are completely attainable with some hard work. In the past when I have really focused on my running, other parts of my life have been put on the back burner, but this time around my main focus is going to be balance. With homework, blogging, running, and working it can be really easy to sacrifice in one area to gain time in another {usually blogging has been sacrificed for running}. But I know that all of these things are important to me.... well the working thing is just more a requirement to keep the bills paid, which is important.

I'm gonna do it! I'm going to start off with a 5k just to keep me motivated and on track. But I know I have it in me, I was made for this.

I wanted to post about some advice for beginners, people trying to get back into it after a long break, or those that have been thinking of starting running, but I just don't have time today {balance, remember?}. So I'll save that for my next post. For now I'll leave you with these inspiring words via my pinterest board.


{via}


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by!