Thursday, October 4, 2012

I'm dreaming of chemistry equations...




Yep, dreaming about math and chemistry. It sucks when your homework break/nap consists of dreaming about how to solve the problem you are stuck on.

This is literally my life right now. Buried in chemistry equations. Don't take this as me complaining because this is what I wanted. Not necessarily to be buried in chemistry homework, but to finish my degree and do something that I actually enjoy. To be honest, I actually kind of like chemistry and math and all that other stuff that lots of people hate. I guess this is the perfect path for me because I have lots more science classes to take. Oh goody! (please, that was sarcasm people!)

I know this isn't going to be an easy path. I know that I am going to have to fight my desires to be lazy and sleep in until noon and cuddle with my adorable cats (which is very hard to resist!). But I know that in the end it will all be worth it.




Before I started school I felt like maybe I was too old to pursue a career change. But now that I am there, I know that I still have so much life ahead of me. There are people who wait until they are in their 30's or 40's and suddenly decide they want to be a nurse, and then go to school and their dreams become a reality. I'm not even nearly that age, so what is stopping me? It isn't an unattainable goal. This is something that I can accomplish if I really want to.

Every opportunity has been opened to me, and my job is only to embrace those opportunities and run with them. I'm excited about the challenges ahead of me, because I know that it is going to build character along the way.

I know that I could get discouraged along the way, but I just hope that the people in my life will help me snap out of it. And that does include you guys!

For now I need to sleep, because I have to get up at 5:30 again tomorrow morning. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by!