Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Learning to dress my body type

Sweater: F 21 ||  Pants: Banana Republic  ||  Necklace: Charolette Russe
As I'm starting to face the facts that this is my last year in my mid 20's I've had to learn how to dress my new older wider body type. Especially since I was a size zero for most of my life, minus those awkward tween years. Sometimes it is easy to get caught up in the number on the tag. Eventually I think we all (well, maybe not everyone) learn that trying to squeeze into those teeny tiny clothes we used to be able to wear is less flattering than just buying clothes that we actually fit into.

Following the most popular fashion trends is a lot harder for me. I'm pretty short and I would say I have more of an "apple shape" body type. But that doesn't mean that I have to dress like an old lady. Or that I can't be fashionable. It just means that sometimes I have to opt for things that don't hug my belly, or are too baggy as they can just make me look larger.

Accepting ourselves the way we are is important, but it isn't always easy. Especially with all the beautiful skinny mini's out there looking good with their mile long legs and wash board stomachs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by!