Thursday, July 18, 2013

From the heart

This outfit isn't anything special, but here are the deets
top: hand me down from the husband || jeans: AE || belt and wedges: Target


It's been a long time since I've truly felt the stir of God in my heart. I don't mean a feeling of knowing He exists or feeling His presence, although I'm sure the same can be said about those. I mean feeling lead in one direction or another. A calling in my heart to do the right thing or follow a certain path. And to be honest, I'm not sure I've really stopped long enough to feel any of that.

Last year when I heard about the Influence Conference  I had a little tickle in my heart. One that said, "maybe...?" and then I thought long enough to realize that there was probably no way I was ever going to be able to afford to go. And just like that I gave up on the thought.

If you haven't heard about the Influence Network or the annual conference you should read about it. It is a network of women dedicated to using the platforms they have been given (online, community, home, work, etc) to learn ways for God to use them as a positive influence. I really can't give a good enough description of this, but hopefully you will check it out for yourself.

Well here I am a year later and conference number two starting in September. Again, when I read about this conference and what they were going to be teaching I got that stir in my heart. But this time instead of pushing it aside I thought, "maybe I could actually go?" And then I read this post  about how we can afford anything. Reading it reminded me that if I feel that nudge, maybe I should be more trusting of Him and the resources he can provide.

With me not working we are in no financial situation to send me to a conference. But maybe there is still a way?

I am trusting that if God wants me there, He will provide. And if He doesn't, I can rest and be at peace knowing that I trusted His strength instead of my own.

Currently all sales in my shop are going to paying off the debt from some of the supplies I had to buy, funding exposure for my blog and shop, and the rest is going towards funding my way to this conference. We'll see what happens from here!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by!