Friday, June 29, 2012

Training





Top: Nordstrom \\ Shorts: Thrift store \\ Shoes: Target \\ Sunglasses, Earrings, & Bracelet: Oldnavy

Ignore my super white legs in the picture above! 

To update you, I signed up for a 5k the other day! It is going to be on the 21st of July. A little bit later than I had planned, but I think I will need the extra week I will be getting.
My "training" is going really well so far. Not that it has been super difficult yet.
If you missed my last post, I am trying to work my way up to running a half marathon sometime this fall.
This week I have gotten up three times at 5:30am to go for a run before work! I'm so proud of myself for actually accomplishing the waking up part, that is by far the hardest step.
I don't know about you guys, but I am totally a morning person! I usually work everyday from 
8:30-12:30 (I know, baby shifts!), which leaves loads of time for running at the end of the day, but if I don't go before work, I may not go at all. So I just have to get up early.

Thus far I have been running for 20 minutes and just focusing on working on my pace. 
I am a s.l.o.w. runner! I'm not even sure if you can call it "running" maybe it is more of a jog. Either way, I am beyond slow. When I very first started running (about 4 years ago) my average mile was about 15 minutes! And I didn't even walk. I blame this on my height (5'1") 
My first run was last Saturday, which I ran at an average pace of 11:32. Eekk! It was pretty pitiful! However, I'm happy to say that I've already shaved almost a whole minute from my time, with an average mile of 10'37"!! This makes me very hopeful. I took 55 seconds off my mile in only 5 runs!
I would like to get below a 10 minute average mile.


I made a little training schedule for myself. Even if I never look at my training schedule, it helps keep me on track for where I need to be and what I have accomplished. I will be making some for August and September also, but I like to do it one month at a time. That way I can reevaluate and change based on what I am actually doing.
And for anyone that is curious, I am use my Nike+iPod app (weather permitting) to track all my runs.

Just to keep myself accountable and motivated I plan to blog about my training at least once a week, probably on Fridays or Saturdays.
Let's see if I can keep to this schedule I have made for myself!


Well, thanks for reading everyone!
On top of my regular running schedule, I need to get back into a regular blogging routine!
For now, have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by!