Saturday, June 30, 2012

Changes




I need some feed back.

Here's the deal, I'm thinking about changing my blog name.... again. It just isn't working for me. I tried shortening it to GW&GB which I like the look of, but it just doesn't make a lot of sense. This will be my second name change so I am hesitating just a bit. When I originally changed it I had like 5 people reading my blog, so I didn't really care about what my name was. I just wanted it to paint a picture, and honestly it was mostly just for myself.

Fast forward a year and I have gone from 5 readers to around 57 (still not that many compared to so many others). I've learned a lot about blogging, with loads left to learn. One thing that I have learned is that a name is really important.

Not that I hate my blog name, it just has nothing to do with what I write about. I never write about wine, and I never write about books. Honestly I hardly ever have time read books, and I am in no way a wine connoisseur. When I do enjoy a glass it is not accompanied by a book. I'm usually with friends or family.

So now I'm just thinking. This time if I change it, I want it to be for good. And I want it to be something that I love. I want it to be simple, short, and have loads of meaning. Is that possible? I hope so!

I just wanted to give you guys a heads up. I didn't want to just spring this on you suddenly, because I know you wouldn't know what to do with yourself. (Yes, that was sarcasm).


Have you ever changed your blog name?
Or have you considered it?
Am I the only person that thinks about this all the time?

**************************************************


If you are reading this now, you may have noticed that I already changed my name! After I posted this I did get some feed back (which you can read below) and from my husband, and well... I decided to take the plunge!

Knowing Tanya. Do you like it? 


To me it means a lot more than just you guys getting to know me. It also entails me getting to know myself. Plus it kind of reminded me of my mom (or family) saying, "Oh, you know Tanya...." finished with something that is very classically me.


I'm kind of weird. I'm very opinionated. I annoy people sometimes with my opinions on food or exercise. I can be very shy, but I can also be very hyper and crazy. I hate it when my clothes "match". I'm kind of a home body. I love my cats. 
And well... that is just me.

So here is to another new adventure, and a whole new round of discovering some things about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by!